Alumni Guide to Career Center
Here’s a quick guide to the most popular resources and services available to Truman alumni.
- What Can I Do With This Major?
Armed with the well-rounded education you acquired as you earned your degree at Truman, you have the versatility to succeed in any career path you pursue. Use this online resource to define areas of interest and access links and strategies to specific industries.
- Résumés and Cover Letters
Email a draft copy of your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, and a staff member in the Career Center will critique it for you.
- Interviewing Tips
Find out how to master the interview process including how to dress for success. You can also schedule a mock interview on campus and download our Interviewing Handbook (PDF).
- Hoovers, the employer search feature, maintains a database of 66 million companies and 85 million people using an in-house editorial staff of industry experts.
- The Salary Wizard can be used to determine appropriate salary ranges based on occupation and geographic area.
Thinking about going back for another degree? Use the resources in our Graduate School Preparation section to help in planning your application to graduate school including selecting programs, applying to schools, applying for financial aid, preparing a personal statement, and studying for the entrance exams.
Personal Statement Critique
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a critique by professional staff.
Career & Grad School Week/Career Expo
The week of Career Expo, we coordinate a wide range of activities devoted to helping students prepare for their graduate school and job searches, and all Career Week events are open to alumni. Activities include:
- panel discussions
- employer information sessions and programming
- résumé critiques
- mock interviews
- professional appearance assistance
- and much more!
And you can also let us know if you are interested in increasing your company’s presence on campus.
Report Placement Information